Reyna Mendoza opens her home for traditional Zapotec cooking classes on Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Reyna Mendoza is a Teotitlán native who has an instinctual knowledge of the regions complex cuisine and has studied under some of Oaxaca’s most well-respected chefs.
ALL CLASSES INCLUDE
- Roundtrip transportation* to Teotitlán del Valle (Zapotec village located 30 minutes outside of Oaxaca City)
- Morning walking tour of the Teotitlán market to purchase fresh, local ingredients
- Welcome chocolate drink and pan dulce
- Hands-on cooking experience where students prepare everything from appetizers, to main dishes and dessert
- Sit-down group meal, drink, and mezcal
- Full recipe packet in English
$95 USD General class, includes transportation (4 students minimum, 12 students max)
Ask about special rates for groups of 10 or more!
*Pick Up and Drop Off Location: Students will meet and be picked up at the Jardín Etnobotánico de Oaxaca (Ethnobotanic Gardens), which is centrally located in downtown Oaxaca on the corner of Reforma and Constitución at A.P. 367 Centro, Oaxaca, Oaxaca C.P. 68000